Friday, July 9, 2010

Guys With Wheat Coming Out of Their Mouth


I've never understood this really, that there seems to be this consistent stereotype of hill folk having wheat coming out of their mouths. The odd thing is, in any hillbilly town I've been too, I'm pretty sure I've never seen this, but simply more city-based people making fun of it. Is this an often occurrence?

I'm not really sure. This is a consistent stereotype that I've just seen in almost any film, comic, tv show, book, magazine...and even this jpeg that I yanked from google images. Hell, as a little kid, if my friends are I were playing any game that had to do with anything to do with hill folk, I was generally even the first to jump to the wheat gag. I can't figure this out for the life of me. It doesn't taste good by itself, I can;t imagine it does anything positive to you, and I can't think that it would be comfortable to keep in your mouth at all times. What the fuck happened here? Where did this start?

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment